Thursday, April 17, 2008

Rebirth!

Not long ago, I was giving out some very good advice to a friend knowing full well that the friend would not follow it. Oh sure, they were interested and said the ideas were sound, but I knew they couldn't be reached. It doesn't matter that we've been in this spot before, they asking and me giving advice. It doesn't matter that I'm dead-on 98% of the time, that I called it, or predicted it, or simply flat-out told them what would happen if they did... whatever. I know that I'm right so much because I get the fallout report. I get to hear what happened, exactly how I predicted it, know what they did or did not do contrary to my advice, and how it all played out just like I said it would.

It is UNBELIEVABLY difficult to not say, "I told you so."

But I don't and I'm sure they appreciate it. I get something out of it too: I get to know how right I was.

It's been a long time since I blogged and the fault is all mine. I've been putting my creativity in other places.

SHINY LESSON #1: Blogging is like pumping iron. While it may seem that blogging would take you away from your writing projects, be they a novel or press release, it actually helps to make you a better writer. Like pumping iron: it may take away time from practicing football or wrestling, it may even sap your energy, but the end result is that you are a much better player or wrestler because of time spent in the gym.


TGAPGeorge
Feverishly working to finish an article...
ShinyPen.com

No comments: