Sunday, November 23, 2008

Changing Widths

I've got to get this off my chest - I almost left blogger for wordpress.

You see, I've always like the simplicity of blogger -- and I have been here for so long -- but it was the size of my posts that were getting increasingly annoying. When I saw wordpress blogs, I noticed that they were typically about 40% wider than my narrow blog. Sure, narrow is great for small posts, but I find myself being verbose every time I try to do a quick post. It's a problem, I know.


I spent quite a bit of time looking over the templates at blogger, and all I could find was either too narrow templates, or ones whose width filled the screen. Neither was satisfactory.

Enter the wonderful internet and the simple search query, "How do I change widths on blogger.com?" Through this, I found a great blog called, The Blogger Guide, The Illustrated Blogger Guide.

There I found step-by-step guides on changing the widths of some of the more common templates for blogger.com. Here is the list.

If you are not satisfied with your girth... I mean width -- heh -- go there and do something about it!

Thank you, IDS, for helping us out,

TGAPGeorge
Now to figure out how to put in a counter...
ShinyPen.com

No comments: